- A thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of karate.
- A thorough understanding of the ken-po goku-i as it was gifted in its terse form to me by my Sensei.
- A thorough understanding of its applications as to theory, physiokinetics, technique, philosophy, self-fense and the mind-state associated with mind-body-spirit connections especially under the chemical dump.
- A thorough understanding of how the basics, kata, drills, kumite, etc., relate to the principles as they are also connected and applied to, “Multiple Defense Methodologies [actual tactics and attack methodologies of impacts, drives (pushes), pulls, twists, takedowns/throws and compression are best for stopping a threat (types of force applied such as spiraling, scissoring, carving, vibrating, and/or sheering forces.)]”
- A thorough understanding of the importance of, “Distinctions”, as they relate to the way of karate, i.e., in the distinctions between its many manifestations such as sport, fighting, combatives, self-defense and the philosophical side called the, “Way (doah).”
- A thorough understanding of the moral implications of any discipline such as karate toward its implementation into a way of life along with its applications in life such as in self-fense (a defensives/offensive methodology that remains steadfast within social conditions, standards, and both legal and law for the survival of the tribe, society and self.).
- A thorough understanding and commitment to a type of modern bushido code, called by me for me “The Code,” that underlies my studies, practice, training and teaching of the discipline. Read about my code and Bushido HERE.
- A thorough dedication to remaining within the acceptable, mine and societies, moral stand in all the myriad things that are or are near to karate and martial disciplines.
- A thorough dedication to remaining open-minded to all concepts, hypothesis, theories, cultures, beliefs, perceptions and distinctions that are about the differences of martial disciplines even tho underneath they are all the same allowing for its continued growth while remaining steadfast, dedicated and a morally honorable attachment to the traditions and cultural origins of karate while allowing its natural and continued evolutionary growth and potential by the work of the individual practitioner.
My personal "Interpretive" Lens!
"One thing has always been true: That book ... or ... that person who can give me an idea or a new slant on an old idea is my friend." - Louis L'Amour
"Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider..." - Francis Bacon
"What is true today may be reevaluated as false not long after. Judgements are frequently based upon a set of "temporary" circumstances surrounding them. Conflicting ideologies can exist simultaneously. Antagonistic dualities are complementary aspects of a unified whole: are seen as mutually dependent mirror images of each other." - Nahum Stiskin
Warning, Caveat and Note: The postings on this blog are my interpretation of readings, studies and experiences therefore errors and omissions are mine and mine alone. The content surrounding the extracts of books, see bibliography on this blog site, are also mine and mine alone therefore errors and omissions are also mine and mine alone and therefore why I highly recommended one read, study, research and fact find the material for clarity. My effort here is self-clarity toward a fuller understanding of the subject matter. See the bibliography for information on the books.
Note: I will endevor to provide a bibliography and italicize any direct quotes from the materials I use for this blog. If there are mistakes, errors, and/or omissions, I take full responsibility for them as they are mine and mine alone. If you find any mistakes, errors, and/or omissions please comment and let me know along with the correct information and/or sources.
A person's heart is the same as Heaven and Earth while the blood circulating is similar to the Sun and Moon yet the manner of drinking and spitting is either soft or hard while a person's unbalance is the same as a weight and the body should be able to change direction at any time as the time to strike is when the opportunity presents itself and both the eyes must see all sides as the ears must listen in all directions while the mind must grasp all the tactual data not seen on all sides and not heard in any direction.
A person’s heart is the same as Heaven and Earth while circulatory system is similar to the cycles of the moon and sun yet the breathing methods are either hard or soft while one’s posture should allow one to advance, retreat, engage, and disengage as the body should be able to act in accordance with time and change so that one must enter a state of emptiness (mushin/zanshin) allowing the eyes must see all sides and the ears should listen in all directions while the mind must grasp all the tactual data not seen on all sides and not heard in any direction. - My rendition per translation from Andy Sloane Sensei.