- You must be deadly serious in practice.
- Practice with both your heart and soul with out worrying about theory. True practice is done with the entire body. What you learn with your whole body you will remember for the rest of your life.
- Avoid self-conceit and dogmatism.
- See yourself as you truly are and try to adapt what is meritorious in the work of others.
- Abide by the rules of ethics in your daily life, whether public or private.
The spiritual use of karate-do waza and their integration with the spirit are all important.
The way of the empty hand is intended to lead or guide the practitioner to the attainment of perfection through self-realization, enlightenment, and maturity.
Practitioners develop a sound mind through the development of virtuous character and a sound body through rigorous training. They train the body for health and strength while developing the character accordingly.
I cannot remember if this was mine or a quote from another source. If you recognize it and know the source let me know.